Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Identify the latest trends in women’s wear and apply them to maternity and nursing wear.
- Manage the sample-making process with factories. - Sourcing and selecting fabrics and trims.
- Assist in sourcing vendors who can supply quality material at a competitive rate.
- Using illustrator you will produce designs for the ready-to-wear collection.
- Work closely with merchandiser and factories to ensure that the collection is produced according to the design.
- Create and execute seasonal collection plans.
- Provide technical fitting comments, size specs and grading rules.
- Liaise with factories accordingly to improve garment fittings.
- Support Chief Creative officer in achieving sales and profit targets.
- Liaising with e-commerce team and shop staff to ensure product/collection supply meets demand.
- Experience designing and product development with denim and lingerie categories is an advantage.
- Designer will be compensated on the sales of the brand she creates in addition to the base salary.